Paper Pattern, Downloadable PDF Pattern
NOTE: This Pattern is available as a Paper Pattern OR a Downloadable PDF Pattern. Paper Patterns will be sent to you via post. Downloadable PDF patterns will be available once you have processed your payment at checkout.
This delightful and enduring symbol of the joys of Christmas makes the ideal slow stitching project for all levels of experience. This is a great opportunity to forage through your personal stash of fabric favourites and select treasured items that could do with a new life. Your only limit is your imagination, so let your Christmas spirit run free and embellish as much or as little as you like.
Instructions for the creation and embellishment of a 24 pocket fabric Advent Calendar.
• A piece of calico – approximately 41cm x 77cm (16” x 30”)
• A piece of linen – 60cm x WOF (2/3 yard)
• Coloured backing (ref green fabric in pic) – 107cm x 56cm (22” x 42”)
• Neutral Border (ref cream fabric in pic) – 45cm x WOF (18”)
• Binding – 40cm x WOF (16”)
• Wadding – 67cm x 117cm (26” x 46”)
• Backing Fabric – 67cm x 117cm (26” x 46”)
• A mixture of vintage and upcycled textiles in lightweight, natural fibres such as cotton and linen
• Ribbons, sequins, buttons, charms, lace, rick rack or other trims for embellishment
• A mixture of embroidery threads in colours that complement your fabrics.
• A rod or piece of dowel and some ribbon or string to hang your finished piece
• Sweets, treats, notes or small trinkets to put in each ‘pocket’
Forage is about seeking out reclaimed and vintage textile treasures and upcycling them into beautiful pieces that speak to the soul of the stitcher.
At Forage, we are devotees of the art of slow stitching. We embrace the idea of slowing down, and recognise the practical beauty of reclaiming, reusing and repurposing; enjoying the moment among friends and sharing the delight that breathing new life into old finds can bring. Read More…