This pack includes:
• 1 metre fragile “papillon” cotton edging, reclaimed from a blouse. Early 1800’s. Approximately 5cm wide;
• 40cm antique, handmade lace;
• 1 x 8cm diameter circle of handmade lace; and
• 1 thread card, early 1900’s
1. These packs are limited editions and available in small quantities only, because I only have a finite amount in my stash available. However, what is absolute is that once they’re gone, they’re gone forever.
2. Some of the vintage fabrics and notions may contain marks and imperfections, due to their age and having been repaired many times over. At Forage we consider these imperfections a testament to a life well lived and often make these a feature of new creations.
3. Due to the many variations in monitors, screens and browsers, colours may display differently to the way they appear in real life.
Forage is about seeking out reclaimed and vintage textile treasures and upcycling them into beautiful pieces that speak to the soul of the stitcher.
At Forage, we are devotees of the art of slow stitching. We embrace the idea of slowing down, and recognise the practical beauty of reclaiming, reusing and repurposing; enjoying the moment among friends and sharing the delight that breathing new life into old finds can bring. Read More…